To me, the new year didn’t really start until today. I don’t know…I just like to start things on Mondays. It also gave me time to really sit down and figure out what I wanted to accomplish in 2015. I have a lot that I want to accomplish. After looking back at 2014 I see that I had a lot happen, but I had so many opportunities to make more happen.
I decided I needed to set more than four goals for 2015. And I say goals because resolutions make it sound like I have been lazy. I need goals. I have actually found that setting goals helps keep me going.
So here it is, my 2015 goals!
- Write Everyday! I have been slacking on this a bit already. I have been writing blogs, but that is not the kind of writing I had in mind for this goal. I want to write part of a story every day. I want to keep it fresh and flowing. I need to if I want to get any where with my writing.
- Be Productive Everyday. I tend to lay around some days and get nothing done. I don’t mean I want to be turned up on high everyday, always doing something and not taking time to rest. I just want to make sure I do something a little productive everyday. Friday was a bad example of this. I was in so much pain that I came home and took a nap and didn’t do much of anything after my nap.
- Get Healthy. I don’t want to set a goal of losing weight. I just want to make healthier choices. Eat healthier. Exercise. Just be healthy all around. I know making healthier choices will lead to a healthier body.
- Become More Organized. I am such a spazz when it comes to keeping up with things. I just need to make sure everything has a place and everything is in it’s place. Especially if I expect to accomplish #5 on my list of goals.
- Start a Business. Yes, it is finally going to happen. My business is called Heather’s Sweet Haven. I will be selling cakes and cakepops and all the wonderful other crafts that I love to do so much. It’s going to be a bit of a “catch all” type of business.
- Read 50 books. Yes I am shooting for that goal again this year. I will keep setting this goal until I actually make it.
- Learn Something New Every Day. I want to make an effort to learn as much as I can in 2015. Weather it is business, craft, cake decorating, baking, or just general information related. I want 2015 to be the year I make myself smarter.
- Set a Budget. I really need to get on top of my finances. I just have to do better with my money.
- Stay Positive No Matter What! This is my favorite. I tend to let the outside world break my fortress of happiness. I let the little things get to me and I have to stop that. I have to be happy no matter what comes my way. I want to be like every heroine that I have admired in books and movies. No matter what life throws at me I will hold my head up and keep moving forward.
That is all I have for the goals. I was going to set a goal to post every day of 2015 but I am afraid I won’t actually accomplish that. I am going to try, so it’s an unofficial goal. I will make it a monthly goal though.
Which brings me to tomorrows post. I have decided that now I have a big picture, I need to set some smaller, monthly goals. And weekly goals that can be broken down into daily goals. I am only going to bore you with my Monthly goals, tomorrow.
For now, tell me what are your goals for 2015? I hope they are good ones. Share them with me, I may have to add to my own list.