Hey folks! Miss me? I decided to stop trying to post in December. There was just too much going on and I didn’t have enough time to write a post or even schedule one. I am hoping to change that this year.
I know that WordPress has a thing where you can look at 2014 in blogging and see what happened and Facebook has one as well. Me, I went through my agenda and took some notes of important things that happened in 2014. So in the spirit of…me, here is a list of my big events in 2014.
- February 24 I lost “big girl” job. At first I was afraid, I was petrified. Sorry, the song just popped into my head. In all seriousness, it was what I wanted. I had been joking for a while about losing my job. But when it actually happened I was shocked and hurt. I took it personally and even if it was personal, I am letting go of the hurt and anger from the event. It opened my world for so many great things.
- April 5th, I got my lovely and loving puppy, Pixel. She has shown me what unconditional love is and I can’t imagine my life without her now. She makes me happy. Here is a picture of when I first got her.
- June 7th I started working at Bilo. I was back in retail and happy as can be. It didn’t last long. The drama made me hate the job and the stupid picky customers.
- June 14th I went to my 10 year High School Reunion. I can’t believe I have been out of High School for 10 years! It was also the first time I have worn a dress since…senior prom maybe. lol
- Between July and October I took cake decorating classes. Thanks to my awesome mom for paying for most of the classes.
- October 9th I finally put in my 2 week notice at Bilo. I was so glad to get out of there!
- October 14th was my first day at Dollar Tree. Assistant manager! I have loved almost every moment of this job.
- October 22nd was my last and final day at Bilo. It was glorious!
Now, on to my goals for 2014. I only set 4 goals for 2014.
- Don’t gain any weight. I didn’t want to be like everyone else and put “lose weight.” I just wanted to not get any bigger than I was. And I lost 16 pounds this year! Which isn’t much, I know, but it was a loss and not a gain and that is all I can ask for.
- Read 50 books. I almost made it! I read 40 books this year. You can see what books I read on my 2014 Book List page. If there are not 43 books there, it’s because I have not updated it yet. I will also update it to include all the book reviews I wrote.
- Finish writing 2 books. I didn’t even finish one book, but I started a new one. I participated in NanoWriMo and started an awesome story that I can’t wait to pick back up on now that the holiday madness is over.
- Bring up credit score. LOL! I didn’t write down my credit score at the beginning of the year so I don’t know if I actually accomplished this. With my injury I actually slipped a little further into debt. I can’t win for losing.
I also saw 9 movies this year in theaters. I actually keep track of stuff like that. I save my ticket stubs for some odd reason.
Tomorrow and the next two days I will be covering some of my favorites of 2014. Favorite book, favorite movie, and favorite event of 2014. Then on Monday I will reveal my goals for 2015. Mind you, I said goals and not resolutions.
Until we meet again